Kendal Bashing
I know I can be tough on that little girl but she makes it easy for me to do so.. I love that little girl more than life itself but since I am on a Kendal bashing kick I would like to tell a story with no pictures, but as you read the story you will understand why it was impossible for me to take pictures....Once upon a time this past summer we were enjoying a quiet Sunday evening at home. John was in the field and I was making blueberry muffins for my children who were behaving so well.. We were cuddled around the TV. watching a family movie together. It was a perfect day at our house.. Then it happened..I needed to make a phone call and I had realized I left my cell phone in the car and at the time I did not have unlimited long distance so desparately needed my cell phone to save me those unwanted long distance charges. As I quickly ran out to my car and saying to my lovely children who were still sitting on the couch watching that family movie together " I am going out to the car to get my cell phone do not follow me" were my exact words.. So I run out to the car and behind me is Carter and I can hear him closing the door.. So he was scolded for disobeying me and we continued to enter the house. I can see my beautiful Kendal looking out the window besides the door.. So I go in to finish my muffins for my family and continue that special evening with them together and as I go to enter the door I suddenly realize IT'S LOCKED. With Kendal still looking at me through the window I ask her to unlock the door for me.. Please realize it was the dead bolt that was locked, so it was not my nor Carter's error. Yes, she locked us out.. I ask her nicely "Kendal honey unlock the door". Well she fidgeted a little with the door, wasn't trying very hard to help us in the house, and after a few minutes of trying she gave up...So at this point I am no longer using terms of endearments on her.. I think some of the exact words were "Kendal open the * @!$^ door" ( no f words involved.. So I sent Carter around the house to try the back door and as cautious as I am, the back door was locked, but not too cautious to leave the garage door unlocked.. So I open the door and to my surprise it only opened about two feet, so I climb under the spider infested, ant infested door to enter the house, well as my cautious self has kicked back in the door leading to the house was locked. So now I am yelling very loud outside and still continuing to use some inapropriate language. I go back over to the front door and try to reason with her and ask her nicely to come unlock the door. I can see Kendal bent over the couch with her hands under her chin watching that family movie I so badly wanted to see.. Pounding I mean knocking gently on the door she turns to me and says "Im busy watching tv, I cant let you in I cannot do it" So I ask her to unlock the back door or perhaps the garage door since that is a much easier lock for her. She continues to watch tv and now will not even look at me and continues to say "I dont want to unlock the door I am busy". I now start to panic realizing I have muffins in the oven and without supervision who knows what Kendal and Cameron would have done.. Someone could have been seriously hurt.. Please understand Carter has a lot of blame in this also. So as I stand at the door I realize I have the phone in my hand and my last chance is to dial 911.. So I opened my phone and dialed 911... Never have dialed 911 from a cell phone didn't recognize the tone I was hearing (which for you who have dialed it before from a cell phone, sounds like an alarm)..So I hang up and try again, hearing the same noise, hang up and dial it one more time.. Finally I continued to listen to see what would happen after the beep.. Well I finally reached a 911 operator and was sincerely apologetic to her for my time, I explained that my daughter was to busy watching tv to let me in the house, while I explained that the stove was on. She took all my information and did explain to me I did do the right thing by calling her and that I should not feel bad and that a patrol car would be on it's way.. As I continue to talk to her Kendal came over to the door and wanted to know who I was talking to outside on the phone... I aksed her one more time to unlock the door for me, and she gave it a half ass effort which surprisingly worked, although she didn't unlock it all the way, I was able to push the door open the rest of the way.. The 911 operator being just as relieved as I was asked my if they were okay, and said an officer still might show up... So not knowing the spank,laugh or cry.. I just did nothing.. To top it off my muffins were burned but the good news is that since I have TeVo I was able to rewind what I had missed.. So I guess the moral of the story is, well I guess I do not have one.... well it could be thank god for TeVo which I am so grateful for, or could be never leave your children in the house alone even for 7.5 seconds, you can decide for yourself...Have a great night

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home